Welcome to Medical Student Education at the Pritzker School of Medicine, University of Chicago's Department of Family Medicine.
We are dedicated to providing medical students with the best educational experiences in Family Medicine! We have created curriculum throughout all four years of medical school with our faculty, staff and community preceptors teaching throughout the four years. We also are here to advise and support our students in family medicine career and life planning.
Our medical education mission is to:
1. Educate all students about the specialty of Family Medicine and its core clinical and professional skills.
2. To create and implement new medical student curriculum that will continue to improve and advance medical student education and foster critical thinking and self directed learning.
3. Support students interested in Family Medicine, create curriculum that will teach them the skills to be successful physicians and advise them on their career path.
4. Establish leadership roles in the medical school to guide and support students interested in Family Medicine with an emphasis on practice in community and under-served settings.
5. Investigate and research topics in family medicine and medical education.
6. Teach the skills of evidence based medicine and how it applies to our clinical work.
The University of Chicago is dedicated to medical student education at the Pritzker
School of Medicine, to family medicine resident education at the University of Chicago
(Northshore) residency program and to fellowship programs in research and underserved
Faculty development in teaching, research, scholarship and leadership skills is
emphasized and ongoing in our department.
We are dedicated to high quality education to promote and support family medicine
at all stages of training and career development.