The University of Chicago Department of Family Medicine envisions a community of scholars, both University and community based, who are dedicated to leadership in service, scholarship, teaching and innovation in urban and suburban family medicine. Our departmental mission is to:
- Serve the communities of the South Side of Chicago and NorthShore University Health System
- Educate Pritzker School of Medicine students in the essentials of family medicine, epidemiology and clinical investigation
- Serve as the university department affiliate of the NorthShore family medicine residency program
- Provide leadership in community engaged translational research and scholarship
- Advise medical students regarding opportunities and careers in family medicine
- Prepare family physicians for academic research careers
Our department is fortunate to have a committed and passionate group of community preceptors who offer expertise across the spectrum of Family Medicine. Click here for our fantastic team!
Interested In Becoming a Community Preceptor?
We offer non-salaried volunteer faculty appointments at the University of Chicago. Benefits include:
- The opportunity to work with our amazing Pritzker School of Medicine students
- An appointment at the University of Chicago
- A small CME Reimbursement budget
- Access to online journals through the University of Chicago library
- Resources to become a better physician and preceptor!
The Medical Education Team is here to serve and assist you, and welcomes your questions and comments.