The fellow has multiple opportunities for traditional and more unique event coverage throughout their year as a part of a team of healthcare providers. The fellow is also given the opportunity to serve as Medical Director for certain events which provides valuable experience in mass participation event planning. Examples of coverages include:
- Chicago Bears - Under the direction of our faculty, fellows will do weekly injury visits to Halas Hall as well as participate in coverage of Rookie Camp in the Spring.
- North Shore Triathlon - Medical Director of sprint triathlon held in Wilmette, Illinois; http://www.trinorthshore.com/
- Bank of America Chicago Marathon - includes dedicated interaction with the medical director during the planning and implementation of the Emergency Action Plan and overall medical coverage of this World Marathon Majors event
- Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle - 8k running race; http://www.shamrockshuffle.com/
- Great Lakes Adaptive Sports Association (GLASA) Adult National Open and Great Lakes Regional Games - Medical Director for games held for athletes with permanent physical or visual disabilities; http://www.glasa.org/adultnationalsgreatlakes2015/
- US Soccer - Opportunity to cover events that are held in Chicagoland area throughout the fellowship year.
- US Figure Skating - Co Medical Director of Midwestern Sectional Figure Skating Championships; http://www.usfsa.org/event_details.asp?id=49466
- New Trier High School - Team Physician including weekly fall football game coverage, other sporting event coverage throughout the year and weekly athletic training room coverage; http://www.newtrier.k12.il.us/athletics/